The 32st Annual International Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference, known to people in the industry as the 2017 CSUN Conference, is being held at the Manchester Grand Hyatt Hotel in San Diego, CA from February 27 to March 3. CSUN, through the International Conference on Assistive Technology for Persons with Disabilities, provides an inclusive setting and hosts many groups including:
- end users
CSUN showcases much of the new and innovative assistive technology that helps people with disabilities. You can read the full list of exhibitors in the Exhibitor Directory.
The conference also hosts many sessions that cover a variety of topics around assistive technology including many topics on digital accessibility, the WCAG 2.0 and Section 508 guidelines, and the ADA. Among the speakers is the CEO and Founder of Interactive Accessibility, Kathy Wahlbin, Interactive Accessibility’s Principal Accessibility Specialist, Greg Kraus and Accessibility Specialist Joe Humbert.
Interactive Accessibility’s Speaking Schedule
- Wednesday, March 1, 2017
- 1:20 pm: Greg Kraus:The Accessibility Playground: Web Accessibility Training by Experimentation
- 2:20 pm Joe Humbert & Greg Kraus:Implementing ARIA: What Works and Filling Support Gaps.
- Thursday, March 2
- 3:20 pm Kathy Wahlbin: Mobile Accessibility: Is Mobile Really Different than Desktop?
- Friday, March 3, 2017
- 10:00 am Kathy Wahlbin: Accessibility Wins and Challenges of Responsive Design with Solutions?
- 11:00 am Kathy Wahlbin: Empowering Mobile Accessibility Across the Enterprise
For more sessions see the full session listing on the conference website.
Dr. Kellie Lim, a physician at UCLA Health will be giving the Keynote speech and sharing her first-hand experience in accessing medical care, especially those with severe physical disabilities and limited resources. We hope to see you at CSUN 2017. Please feel free to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to schedule time to talk to us. And follow us on Twitter for live tweeting from the event. @ia11y CSUN’s hashtag is #CSUNATC17
For more information and to register for CSUN see the Annual International Technology and Persons with Disabilities Conference Website.