The VPAT form has been updated to incorporate the revised Section 508 ICT accessibility standards. The standards were revised earlier this year on January 18th. The original 1.3 version of the VPAT will remain available until January 18th 2018. However, ITI recommends the use of the new VPAT 2.0 over the original version.
The updated VPAT does remain consistent with the original version in that it provides a column for recording conformance to each provision of a standard or guideline when appropriate, using four conformance levels. Additionally, it includes a column for providing a more detailed explanation for each response.
The updated VPAT 2.0 includes the following:
- A universal format for three standards:
- Instructions for essential requirements to use the VPAT service mark and best practices, which provide for consistent, uniform and more complete reporting by manufactures.
- A Product Description field
- An Evaluations Methods Used field
- A Notes field for the report and each table
More information and resources can be found on the ITI website.