Introducing Dictation Bridge a free open source dictation solution for NVDA and Jaws. It serves as a gateway between you, the NVDA and/or Jaws screen readers and either Dragon Naturally Speaking or Windows Speech Recognition.
Dictation Bridge 1.0 is fully featured. Some of the highlights are:
- Works with both NVDA and Jaws
- Jaws users can control both Windows Speech Recognition and Dragon.
- Does not change screen reader set up unrelated to dictation
- Echoes back dictated text
- An extensive collection of verbal commands that can control screen readers and perform a variety of other tasks with Dragon products.
- No cost solution
- As free open source software it can be added to, modified or repurposed by the community.
- High-quality documentation
- Can hand off its functionality between screen readers.
See the DictationBridge documentation for a full list of features.