Accurate and Reliable Accessibility QA Testing
An accessibility audit is an evaluation of how well your product supports the needs of web users with disabilities, carried out by our expert accessibility consultants and people with disabilities.
The Section 508, WCAG 2.0, and ADA accessibility audit testing helps enhance customer satisfaction, minimize business risk and leverages the latest technology that best addresses business needs.
Section 508 and WCAG 2.0 Accessibility Audit
An accessibility audit and evaluation:
- Provides in-depth page-by-page analysis of a representative sample pages in your website or application
- Lists best practices and outlines specific areas needing remediation
- Identifies violations to Section 508 and W3C WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Details specific recommendations with code examples for how to make your product accessible
- Prioritizes the areas needing correction, estimates development effort and charts a course to compliance
- Summarizes the level of compliance with Section 508 and WCAG 2.0
Web Accessibility Audit Deliverables
- Executive summary including a list of the common issues along with a prioritization of the severity and impact of the accessibility issues found
- Estimated level of effort needed for the remediation
- List of areas that do not meet the Section 508, ADA, WCAG 2.0 guidelines
- Specific recommendations, including code examples, to fix the issues and improve product accessibility. Recommendations are defined as high, medium and low priority.
- Accessibility knowledge - our collaborative approach will ensure that you learn as much as you can from our expertise. Knowledge sharing is the core of what we do.
"Interactive Accessibility (IA) and their team have done a fantastic job in helping our company achieve ADA compliance in our digital media. In a world and industry where ADA accessibility is becoming ever present to both businesses and the individual consumer, we are investing in our media to make our services available to all persons and appreciate IA’s guidance through this process. IA offers a variety of services and has provided excellent customer service and support. I encourage any company and/or individual to work with IA for your accessibility needs."
— Operations Manager at a leading hotel management company in California
How do we conduct a web accessibility audit?
Interactive Accessibility uses proven accessibility assessment techniques and automated tools to streamline the evaluation process against Section 508 and WCAG 2.0. Since automated tools only detect about 25% of web accessibility errors, they augment our manual inspection. The testing process includes the following steps:
- First, our accessibility experts perform a number of checks to get a good grasp of the level of accessibility. If you have a large site, we recommend starting with an accessibility risk review to help identify and prioritize the areas of the site that should be reviewed.
- Working with you, we will determine a representative sample set of pages covering site templates and different types of content and features for review.
- We then validate compliance through a number of human checks, testing with the tools that people with disabilities use such as JAWS, ZoomText, and Dragon Naturally Speaking, reviewing color contrast, checking keyboard access, evaluating the underlying code, etc.
- After you have implemented the changes from the web accessibility audit across the entire product, we review the website to ensure that the recommendations have been implemented to meet your accessibility requirements.
- Once the accessibility issues have been fixed and the site meets the Section 508 or WCAG 2.0 guidelines, Interactive Accessibility provides a website accessibility certification.
When should you request a web accessibility audit?
This audit can be performed at any point during your project, including early planning, design, development or testing. We understand that development schedules are often predetermined so we collaborate with you to realistically plan the project. Based on this information, we help you develop an accessibility strategy that works within your existing structure.
Request Your Free Consultation Today!
Contact us today or call (877) 775-9474. We will answer your accessibility questions and discuss your needs and requirements with no pressure or obligation to you.