Today HTML5 was published as a W3C recommendation by the HTML Working Group. This defined the 5th major revision of HTML. Tim Berners-Lee, W3C Director, explained that HTML5 and the Open Web Platform are driving growing user expectations.
HTML5 enables the following and more:
- Web video and audio tracks without plugins
- Programmatic access to resolution-dependent bitmap canvas
- Native support for SVG and MathML
- Annotation important for Ruby
- Features to enable accessibility of rich application