The popular screen reader NVDA has released its 2016.1 version adding new features and changes.
Supports Baum VarioUltra and Pronto! when connected via USB
New feature include:
- New braille translation tables:
- Polish 8 dot computer braille
- Ability to turn off the braille curser and changes is shape is the Show Cursor and Cursor shape option in the Braille Setting Dialog
- Bluetooth connection to a HIMS Smart Beetle braille display
- Lower the volume of other sounds with Windows 8 and higher installs through the Audio ducking mode option in the Synthesizer dialog of by pressing NVDA+shift+d
- Supports APH Refresabraille in HID mode
- Support for HumanWare Brialliant BI/B braille displays when the protocol is set to OpenBraille.
- Emphasis reporting is disabled by default
- The shortcut for Formulas in the Elements List Dialog in MS Excel has been change to alt+r
- Liblouis braille translator updated to 2.6.5
- Text objects no longer announce “text” when they have focus.